No products in the cart.
The Human Input Device in a MARINE DATA Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System. Allows the magnetic correction coefficients and variation to be entered manually. Displays Heading
Transmitting Heading Device (THD) Systems are becoming increasingly popular as a backup or alternative to a gyro compass. Marine Data offers both Transmitting Magnetic Compass (TMC) or Electromagnetic Compass (EMC) solutions. The TMC echoes the ship’s magnetic compass in its binnacle; the EMC directly detects the Earth’s magnetic field as a fully independent electromagnetic compass.
The menu-driven MD71THD Control and Display Unit provides easy calibration of the magnetic heading sensor and allows the manual input of variation and deviation corrections. It provides a crystal clear digital display of heading in a compact design.
The MD71THD Control and Display Unit from Marine Data: flexible in application, easy to install and simple to maintain.
- The Control and Display Unit supplied for a Marine Data Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System (type EMC or TMC)
- Automatic compass sensor calibration (TMC)
- Displays Heading with True or Magnetic Source Indication
- High Contrast OLED Display
- 2x NMEA 0183 outputs at the rear
- Integrates all the key components in a Marine Data Transmitting Heading (THD) System
- Calibrates the magnetic heading sensor and allows the manual input of variation and deviation corrections
- Provides a NMEA 0183 output of Heading for forwarding to Compass Repeaters and other equipment